Managing Difficult and Demanding Customers
How to Resolve Complaints Successfully, Transform Problems Into Opportunities and Protect Your Reputation For Long Term Business Success
How many times have you encountered difficult customer requests? Do you have trouble dealing with outrageous customer demands? What type of feedback do you usually get with customers who are hard to please?
Concerned about how staff members are dealing with tricky customer demands? Are you constantly getting bad feedback especially on customer interactions over the phone? Are employees having a hard time making decisions over which comes first – customer loyalty or company policies?
This course will teach you techniques to deal with even the most difficult customers. It will give you a better understanding of why difficult people act the way they do. It will also teach you how specific actions affect long term customer perceptions of the organisation – which could, lead to the downfall or success of the company. This course will give you tips on active listening skills, positive language and tone, what not to say, how to react to aggressive behaviour and much more.
In the modern era of almost instant communication and social networking, it’s essential that you protect your reputation and effectively manage difficult and demanding customers.
Every one of our training programs is uniquely designed and tailored to meet your specific circumstances and objectives.
Here are some examples of the type of topics and material that would be covered in your Managing Difficult and Demanding Customers training…
- Sometimes it’s clear why a customer is angry or unhappy. On other occasions the reason is not obvious. Here’s how to understand what’s really causing the problem so that you can find the best solution
- Why it’s essential to effectively manage difficult and demanding customers for both short-term and long-term business success
- There’s both an art and a science to delivering great customer service while maintaining your self-respect and sanity. Here’s what great customer service professionals do differently
- Simple steps to start off the right way, take the heat out of the situation and build trust quickly so that the customer is a partner in solving the problem, not an adversary
- The 6 step formula to dealing with complaints successfully so that the customer feels well treated and positive about your organisation
- How to keep calm and composed under even the most trying and difficult circumstances
- The H.E.L.P. formula to manage even the most difficult people
- WARNING! Whatever the circumstances, avoid these mistakes or you’ll only make a bad situation worse
- Customers are entitled to complain, but some behaviour is NEVER acceptable. Here’s how to define boundaries, be firm but tactful and what to do when people cross the line
- Saying No. What to do when you can’t say Yes…and still leave the customer respected and fairly treated
…and much more (such as how to develop your own personal action plan to apply your new skills at managing difficult and demanding customers).
For any great organisation the people are its most valuable asset. Your people are employed to achieve your business goals. The Upfront Communications ‘Managing Difficult and Demanding Customers’ training is an essential ‘enabler’ for bringing out the best in your team. Common business benefits as reported by previous course attendees include:
- Your employees and managers will represent your organisation with more professionalism and enhance your company reputation
- The bottom line will benefit from stronger customer satisfaction resulting in more repeat business, more referrals and a better business reputation (especially important in the new era of social media)
- Your customer service team will feel more confident and happy with their work as a result of their new skills. There will be less employee stress and turnover
- Cost savings from dealing with customer service more effectively and avoiding potentially damaging disputes and negative impact on your reputation
- You stand to win more business because of better customer satisfaction and retention
This training is primarily aimed at staff directly involved in customer service but anyone with any contact with customers will benefit.
We’ve had thousands of people from varying skill levels from frontline right through to CEOs from many different industry verticals attend and complete the course. Both the individuals and the companies sending them on the course experience the benefits of the training.
Other groups in addition to customer service staff who we’ve seen benefit most include:
- Customer Service Teams and Managers
- Sales Professionals and Sales Support Staff
- All Front Line And Support Staff In Contact With Customers
- Brand Ambassadors in contact with the public or press
- Receptionists, Telephonists and Public Ambassadors
We can custom-tailor the course to every level and audience depending on your requirements.
Following an initial consultation with your business we will develop an understanding of the skill level mix of the group and the desired business outcomes that you are seeking. From there we will custom tailor the training to meet your business.
We will save you time and money by ‘coming to you’ and providing the training on your premises or at a location determined to be ideal for your business and desired outcomes.
The Managing Difficult and Demanding Customers training is a 1 day program.
Typically, we suggest up to 12 people from your organisation can attend the training at any one time. This limit is suggested because of the ‘hands on’ nature of the training and the individual feedback given to each person attending the training.
Larger groups can be accommodated, however, and we can structure the training to best meet your requirements.
We have the largest network of professional trainers in Australia. The trainers that deliver this course are all specialists in the area of Managing Difficult Customers. They have all had to initially qualify to be put through our intensive Train the Trainer program which makes sure they meet our extremely high professional training standards and ensures every course is consistent in quality and content.
Our trainers also all have a minimum qualification of the Australian TAE (Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment.) All of our trainers are dynamic, friendly, people-people who have years of experience, use highly interactive teaching techniques and accelerated learning principles.
The investment in your team’s training will vary depending on size and location of your group. Following your initial enquiry we will be able to provide you with a prompt quotation that meets your needs.
We offer a 100% money back guarantee if you, and the delegates trained, are not entirely happy with the course content and trainer who delivered the session.
Your Next Steps
Call our office now on 1300 766 186 for a no obligation discussion about the desired business outcomes you would like to achieve . Alternatively, please feel free to complete the quick enquiry form on the right of this page and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Other Training Courses that you may be interested in include…
It is no longer good enough to just deliver ‘good’ customer service. The bar has been raised and now every member of your organisation has to deliver service that is outstanding. This course helps you to understand why service is so important and it gives you the crucial tips and skills required to deliver world-class service and grow existing client relationships.
How To Effectively Use This Most Versatile Of Business Tools For Better Productivity, Higher Sales And Improved Customer Relations.